Call for Case Competition
Open on April 22, 2019
Deadline for Submission: May 31, 2019
Cases submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted for any reason.
Please submit the case at online submission system.
General Information for Submitting Cases:
There are five categories for case competition, they are:
- Thrombus management
- Intracoronary imaging
- Challenge cases in primary PCI
- How to manage hemodynamically unstable patients
- How to manage complications in primary PCI
All challenging cases should be submitted at online submission system with cine images included and playable. The authors are responsible for completeness of case submission. It is suggested that you present the case in Microsoft Powerpoint 2010. Submitting no more than two cases is acceptable.
Format for submitting Case(s) :
Please follow below instructions to assure a correct and complete submission.
- The author should specify the category to which he/she is submitting.
- The case should include general information as well as lab data and be presented in the usual format as in any case presentation or case competition meeting.
- The authors’ name and hospital affiliations should not appear in the submitting file, so blind review could be processed.
- The case’s cine images should be included and playable during the full-screen playback of the file in the open review.
- The case presentation should be informative and self-illustrating, including the crucial skills and devices used or any in-procedure complication
Notification of Acceptance
The Scientific Committee of the APAC 2019 will review all submitted challenging cases for oral presentations in the case competition sessions. The authors of accepted challenging cases will be acknowledged by e-mail and the results will be posted on the website by July 1, 2019.
Evaluation of submissions will be based on quality, clarity, relevance and educational value of their cases. (See the Evaluation Standards below) Selection of submitted cases for final oral presentations will be blinded: the Committee will review submissions without access to the authors' name or hospital affiliation.
The Scientific Committee will choose four finals for each case category for oral presentation in the APAC 2019. Each presenting author will be allowed an 8 minutes oral presentation time. The first place winner will receive an award of USD 300.
Step 1. Submitted Cases Review:
Case uniqueness 30%, Skill/logic 50%, Slide 20%
Step 2. APAC Case Presentation:
Case uniqueness 10%, Skill/logic 40%, Presentation 30%, Slide 20%